Before installing the mobile repeater kit you should check the availability of adequate signal from the service provider outside the premises, which can be confirmed by making calls from the mobile phone and observing the signal bars on the phone. If there is adequate signal strength available outside the premises, you can continue with installation of the kit. If you do not have sufficient signal to place a call, can Upgrade Cable to find outside the best signal place mount external antenna.
The external antenna captures the mobile signal from the provider’s local mast and feeds the input to the mobile phone signal booster unit. The antenna location therefore is important to overall system performance. Some factors that should be considered are:
1. Line of sight – if possible mount the antenna so that it’s face has clear light of site to the closest mobile base station mast. If you are not sure where the mast is or in which direction, can locate the spot outside with the strongest signal and mount there.
2. The external antenna should ideally be mounted on the ROOFTOP in order to clear as many obstacles as possible, locate external aerial as high as practically possible in the direction of the nearest mobile mast. 4-5 bars (full bar) signal is the best place to mount external antenna. If only 1-2 bars can upgrade external antenna with Higher Gain Yagi Antenna so inside can get stronger boosted signal. In general, the higher the antenna is mounted the stronger signal it will capture.
3. The cable route from the antenna to the base unit should be free from sharp bends and kings to avoid damage to the cable. Bends and kinks can severely impact system performance by reducing the input signal to the booster.
The following points should be considered in locating the base unit:
1. Accessibility to AC power supply for the booster base.
2. Flat surface for mounting the base unit.
3. Locate a cool, dry location away from heat generating appliances or other equipment.
4. The booster unit should ideally be located centrally where coverage is needed, best top ceiling center.
The following points should be used as a guideline for installing your booster
1. Unpack the system and identify the external antenna (standard with Panel Antenna), base unit booster, indoor antenna (Whip Antenna or Ceiling Antenna), coaxial cable and AC/DC power pack.
2. Mount the external antenna as per points discussed above in Sec 1-B.
3. Determine cable route from external antenna to the location of the base unit discussed in Sec 1-C.
4. Provide a FIRM CONNECTION of the coaxial cable with the outdoor antenna through the connector fixed at the cable end and connect the other side of the cable to the port on the booster base unit labeled ‘OUTDOOR’or ‘BS’. When routing cable ensure that the cable is supported and does not sag.
5. Connect the indoor antenna to the port labeled ‘INDOOR’ or ‘MOBILE’ or ‘MS’ on the booster base unit.
The following points should be used as a guideline for commissioning your booster.
1. Plug in the AC/DC Power Adapter power cord to AC mains and other side DC plug shall be inserted in DC socket on the mobile phone signal booster base unit.
2. When power is supplied the red indicator light labeled “Power” should glow.
3. If there is a sufficient signal level, the corresponding ‘Signal’ LED should glow green. If an LED is off it means that either:
Here is an insufficient signal level at the external antenna. If this happens you should attempt to re-mount or re-orient the external antenna go achieve a higher signal level. The best location can be found by monitoring the ‘bars’ level on your phone.
There may be interference between the outdoor antenna and the indoor antenna attached to the booster if the two items are located too close to each other. This feedback creates system oscillation, feedback and reduces the signal input signal level to the base unit. You should try and maximize the separation both vertically and horizontally between the antennas. Worked Very Briefly: Try putting some aluminum foil behind the outside antenna to stop the signal from the inside antenna from reaching it.
Note: It is important to have a physical barrier between the outside antenna and indoor antenna (i.e. roof, wall etc. at least 8 meters) which helps isolate the two.
In regards to the isolation between antennas the following may be considered:
1. The optimal location for the outdoor antenna should be high above the rooftop and exterior to the building.
2. Do not mount the base unit booster near a window or near the external aerial (i.e. TV aerial)
3. Mount the outdoor antenna as high as physically possible to the exterior of the building for maximum vertical separation between antennas and pointing away from the building towards the nearest mobile mast site.
4. Install the antennas taking advantage of any existing building structure such as brick walls, metal roofs or multiple wall structures for providing additional attenuation to the signals directly reaching from one antenna to another antenna.
Even when it has fully booted up it takes a couple of minutes to boost the signal.
■Before installed and operated the mobile phone signal booster,please read below carefully, and conscientiously observe the following safety matters.
■Mobile phone signal booster is used for retransmission wireless, bidirectional amplify base station uplink and downlink signals, extend mobile communication signal coverage, cover the mobile communication blind area, normal to use the booster, will not damage the base station, but while the mobile phone signal booster extending the base station signal coverage, the uplink output noise level may also affect the sensitivity of the base station,should be considered in engineering design.
■For ensure the equipment working normally, must be connected the cable to BS port and MS port first, and then the equipment powered on, if not, would make the equipment broken.
■Supply power: adapter power adopts AC 220v ,please confirm the AC power range is ac 1OOv ~ 240v, rated frequency range is 50/60Hz.
■Prevent electric Shock : not allowed to operate with electric, to prevent electric shock.
■Prevent lightning: the donor antenna located outdoors must have the lightning protection device, antenna bracket must be equipped with a lightning rod.
■Before Re-adjust the outdoor antenna and indoor antenna, must disconnect the power supply first.
■Pls keep the identifier and indicator light which on the back of device be clean, let it can be identified.